M John Armstrong works strategically across community, urban, organisational and cultural contexts. He has specialist knowledge in Indigenous enterprise and economic development, social innovation and enterprise, public art and placemaking, and cultural development and planning. Prior to establishing Harbinger Consultants as a vibrant consultancy practice, he was the manager of an Indigenous business development hub funded by three levels of government with strategic partnerships with the corporate sector, and headed the Visual Arts School at QUT.
Linda Carroli is an urban planner with regional development and communications specialisations, including expertise in social planning, community engagement and stakeholder consultation. She has worked on major planning projects including the River City Blueprint and cultural initiatives. As a critic and writer, she publishes in a range of media both nationally and internationally and is the recipient of several grants to undertake major writing
projects addressing urban and cultural issues. She received a Centenary Medal for ‘long and distinguished service in the arts’. She is Deputy Chair of Regional Development Australia Brisbane.
With a track record of projects founded on values based and integrated approaches, our recent work includes:
- Community, Cultural and Tourism Facility Feasibility and Strategic Planning including the preparation of a pre-feasibility and feasibility study for a cultural heritage tourism facility and Strategic Planning for the Tambo Multipurpose Centre for Blackall Tambo Regional Council, and feasibility for the Fitzgibbon Community Centre for the Urban Land Development Authority
- Research and Studies including several Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessments as part of Environmental Impact Assessments, an independently produced report on community attitudes to community engagement in South East Queensland, and participation in a national study on Indigenous Led Enterprise
- Cultural and Social Planning and Strategy for local authorities, private and social enterprises and service organisations including Ipswich City Council, Moreton Bay Regional Council and Torres Strait Regional Authority
- Regional Development including facilitation of a goal setting workshop and the preparation of a regional development strategy for Regional Development Australia Brisbane
- Public Art Master Planning, Curating and Project Management for a diverse range of urban development and placemaking projects including North Lakes Busway, Fitzgibbon Chase and Southbank Tunnels.