Terri Janke and Company is a 100% Indigenous owned law firm that empowers its clients to achieve success in business and innovation. We provide legal advice in commercial law, intellectual property, employment and workplace relations, governance, contracts and procurement. We also provide consulting services and conduct workshops and training to enhance Indigenous engagement.
- Commercial law: business contracts, joint venture agreements, manufacturing and commercial agreements
- Business set up: advice on business structure, business names, incorporation, shareholder agreements and joint ventures
- Employment and workplace: employment contracts, policies and managing HR disputes. Terri is an accredited mediator and trained conflict management coach.
- Facilitation and Mediation: Terri is often called upon to facilitate and mediate meetings with respect to people and culture.
- Governance: we have worked with organisations and companies to assist them with governance documents including review of constitutions, advice and training to directors about corporations law and director’s duties. Terri is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Intellectual Property (IP): advice on copyright, trade marks, domain names, confidentiality & trade secrets, and Intellectual Property Management Plans. We have internal management systems to look after the trade mark requirements of large companies and organisations. We also draft contracts for licensing and distributing visual arts, publishing music, literature, and films.
- Indigenous cultural and Intellectual Property (ICIP): advice on protocols and agreements for dealing with Indigenous knowledge and Indigenous Art. We have acted for galleries, museums, universities and research companies.